Full-Time Pharmacist – Midwest Family Health (Smith Center, Kansas)
Full-Time Pharmacist - Midwest Family Health | Smith Center, Kansas | Posted: 07/01/2022
Would you like to be a part of a company that is changing the way pharmacy is done? Do you have a desire to help patients live a healthier life? Are you passionate about what you do and demonstrate that on a daily basis?
If so, then Midwest Family Health is looking for you.
Join the Midwest Family Health Team and enjoy all of the benefits of small-town life. Midwest Family Health is a growing group of four retail pharmacy, respiratory services and home medical equipment retail stores with locations in Phillipsburg, Plainville, Russell and Smith Center, Kansas.
Midwest Family Health is committed to our communities and committed to greatness. Our vision is for our patients to expect more from their pharmacy and deliver on that everyday. We are a team of dedicated and caring individuals who support each other by consistently demonstrating positivity, professionalism and pride.
Qualified applicants only, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Applicants must be qualified for the specific responsibilities listed below, but only applicants with the following traits will be considered.
1. Strong work ethic and a “Can Do” attitude.
2. Readily accepts new responsibilities and takes ownership in their role.
3. Critical thinking skills and the ability to see the big picture.
4. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
5. Demonstrates loyalty, fosters teamwork, and sets a positive example.
6. Be honest, trustworthy and respectful.
7. Expects all of the above from their coworkers and the organization they work for.
• Fill and verify medication orders for dispensing.
• Complete comprehension and efficiency of pharmacy operating software.
• Perform medication reviews for interactions and patient safety.
• Instruct patients on how and when to take a prescribed medicine and inform them about potential side
effects they may experience from taking the medicine.
• Advise patients about general health topics, such as diet, exercise, and managing stress, and on other
issues, such as what equipment or supplies would be best to treat a health problem.
• Give flu shots and other vaccinations as needed.
• Oversee the work of pharmacy technicians and pharmacists in training (interns.)
• Keep records and do other administrative tasks.
• Teach other healthcare practitioners about proper medication therapies for patients.
• Monitor and assist in maintaining appropriate inventory levels.
• Develop a positive environment for our staff and our patients/customer.
• Be an approachable and helpful member of the pharmacy team.